There are several Important Principles of Model Building. Here are some principles that must be considered when making model. Especially mathematical model and computational models. Not only limited to the model on industry issues. But also the model on other issues.
1. Systems are decomposable.
- Big systems can be broken into smaller ones
- But, interactions are very likely
2. Systems, environments, objectives are not static; i.e., systems evolve! Requirements are not static
3. Models should not contradict fundamental laws of nature.
4. Testing (validation) of models against basic laws of nature.
5. Scaling can be exploited to reduce the complexity.
6. Universality : different objects are described by the same model (but Never trust a Swiss Army knife model).
7. From problem to method, not vice versa.